Wednesday 29 August 2007

Take the Electricity Challenge with me!

I am currently doing an Electricity Challenge at Down To Earth with Rhonda Jean. I have got myself a little book and am checking the meter every day. I'm turning off all the appliances we don't need. For instance we have 2 hand held phones that are constantly charging but we really only need the one - so 1 has been switched off. Lights! My goodness we have a lot - all have the energy saving globes but still, the front porch does not need to be on when we are all inside. I have gas for cooking but I used the frypan the other night and realised it would have been better to use the cooker and just as easy.

Check out the Rhonda Jeans explanation on How to Read Your Meter - very insightful! I never had a clue!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm find doing this electricity audit very interesting. As I havebroad band I usually leave the computer on all day(even tho' the monitor is off) so for the last couple of days I've been turning the computer off for a few hrs in tha day andit's made a difference on pwer usage!!

Alita Pereira said...

We are like that on the weekend. The computer sits on all day so will test this weekend with limited time.
Its all a good learning experience.