Saturday 18 August 2007

The weekend!


Well it's the weekend already. For once this week has gone fast. My mum and dad have visited us for a few days, very nice to come home to the house clean, ironing done and dinner cooked. Although DH does the cooking he never does the ironing and the house is never spotless - but hey I can live with that. Anyway they are off now and on their trek - first to Tamworth, Lightening Ridge and then Queensland to some lakes, not sure where exactly. Will see them again just before Christmas - ah the grey nomads, what a life.

Middle DD has been sick with the flu which got worse Thursday - the day my parents left and I got a call from the school to come and pick her up - ended up having to have Friday off as well.

DH has just arrived back from his work in Sydney with more stuff he has found lurking in the cupboards of our old house. Good news on that score - finally have sold it! We will start looking for our new place at the end of the year. It feels very strange, maybe because we still have the keys for a while but I don't feel sad about leaving it.

I have been very slack updating this blog but will try and put some more effort into it.

I was inspired by Kez's Blog with her list of things to do after she finishes work. I used to have a lot of hobbies but I'm not really sure what happened to it all, reading and internet are my only real outlets as well at the moment - so I'm going to have a think about it and come up with a list of my own.

One lovely bright part of my week was speaking to M in Qld who tells me that we are having a girly weekend with K from Sydney in October and they're coming to me! Now I just have to find somewhere lovely to stay??? Umm will have to investigate. Last time we went to QLD and had a ball. Will have to start saving now.




I'm putting in some photo's I've taken while I've been up here - need to get out and do some more.



















2 comments:

Kez said...

Oooh I inspired someone - cool!!!

Alita Pereira said...

Yes you did! I actually have had the camera out of the cupboard and have been taking photo's - still need to do more but keep thinking spring will be here in a week and there will be some beautiful flowers in the garden to catch with a lense.