Saturday 25 August 2007

Camping and Clubs

Well this has got to be the wettest week so far since we moved here! It was fantastic to see all the water in the creeks and the river came up but no flooding to stop me from going to work :((
Very sad.

I am determined that I am going to have a holiday but looking at the price of a unit to rent for a week is just too expensive so..... we're going camping!! Haven't done it since I was a kid but I do remember we had a lot of fun - except when it rained which is why mum and dad got this little tiny black and white TV that ran of a battery - it kept us entertained and we stopped annoying them.

So - I've purchased a tent - an Oztrail Sportiva Villa 9.


This is it - we got it of Ebay - or rather we are picking it up today. Very excited. The blurb...
Villa 9 Sleeps up to nine + three. The Villa is an extremely practical tent. The Portico Screen Room extension to the central living area negates the need for extra tarps or structures. The perfect family tent with 2 bedrooms separated by the living area.
So we're off down to Newcastle today to pick it up from the lady.




So I had to shop for other stuff - cause all we have is 1 sleeping bag. Kmart has a great sale on at the moment with a buy 1 sleeping bag get 1 free, so saved myself a bit there. Graeme wasn't too happy when I came home with it all - mainly cause I'd spent money.



Anyway, the other news is - we went to the club last night and did a trifecta on the raffles - Meat Tray, Veggie Tray and a Fruit Tray!!! I've just joined the club and they told me to come down on a Friday night - the special at the restaurant is Kids eat free with every adult meal - and they have a special - roast and dessert. So for $30 we all ate a great meal. $10 of raffle tickets saw us walk away with about $40 worth of goodies. Graeme was very pleased - made me take a photo of it all when we got home LOL!! Here are our spoils ...


Also - eldest daughter has found work! She has found a job at a newsagency in Sydney, its on call at the moment but she enjoys it (which is a little surprising) I just hope she stays at it.
Middle daughter is getting an award from school an Excellence award - she doesn't know for which subject as yet. We got the letter yesterday so will have to now organise to take some time off to go.
Youngest daughter had school photo's this week, half her class was flooded in so won't be in the photo's.
Hope you all had a great week! I'm off to get my tent .... how exciting!!!! And tonight we're off to a Trivia Night - maybe some more prizes!
BTW - Hello Mum and Dad - just got your email that your at Narrabri at the moment.











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice little hall you got there !!!!
i love raffle night at the club

Alita Pereira said...

Thanks Kathryn - yes I must go more often.

Unknown said...

wow, that's great on winning all 3 raffles as now that's less money you need to spend on food shopping!

Alita Pereira said...

I must say I did save this week on the food budget. Didn't have to buy much apart from potatoes!

Gail said...

we brought a sportiva tent a few years back and it's been great for the family holidyays. Saved heaps on cabins and the likes. I hope you enjoy yours too.
Cheers gail

Alita Pereira said...

Thanks Gail - good to hear a good report on the Sportiva. Looking now for somewhere to go in October school holidays.