Sunday 8 July 2007

The Book of Names by Jill Gregory & Karen Tintori


The Book of Names by Jill Gregory & Karen Tintori


David Shepherd holds the key - only he doesn't know it yet. As a result of a accident he died for a moment and started to walk into the light - only when he was there he hears people calling out their name and then together they cry out "Remember" as he is sent back to his body. He does, vicious head aches afflict him as he remembers each name, cataloguing them into his journal until one day he finally tells a friend.


His friend helps him seek help and the story really gets going. He knows who is in the Book of Names, an ancient text originating with the biblical Adam. The book contains the names of each generation's 36 righteous souls - The Hidden Ones - by whose existence alone the world survives. The secret religious sect the Gnoseos are driven to rid the world of these 36 and their down to 3. David is in the battle of his life - especially when it gets personal.


A great read. My friend Stacey told me about this one when I was on a recent trip to Sydney and I saw it just before I was due to come home and of course couldn't help myself. I really enjoyed it, one of those books you just keep turning the page and can't put down.

No comments: